We all know that no Holi celebration is complete without a sip of a refreshing glass of Thandai.
Holi has been celebrated in India since time immemorial, giving people a chance to relax and have fun. Elevating the spirit of Holi is the tradition of drinking thandai along with other dishes such as; gujiya, mathri, malpua, puranpoli, dahi vadas, etc..
As the name suggests, Thandai is a refreshing milk drink that helps cool the body almost instantly and acts as a quick energy source in this scorching summer heat. Take your Holi to the next level by preparing some homemade Rosethandai made with natural ingredients!
- skimmed milk – 1 ½ liter
- Branched almonds – 3/4 cup
- Poppy seeds – 3-4 tablespoons
- Blanched pistachios – 3-4 tablespoons
- Soaked melon seeds – 3 tablespoons
- Cardamom – 4-5 greens
- black pepper – 8-10
- Dried rose petals – 1-2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Saffron – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Chia seeds (optional) – 1-2 tsp
For serving & garnishing:
- Kulhads (clay mugs)
- finely chopped pistachios
- rose petals
- Put the milk in a pan and bring it to a boil. Keep stirring.
- On the side, add almonds, pistachios, poppy seeds, melon seeds and 2-3 tablespoons of warm milk to a grinder jar and grind to a smooth paste. Remove the paste into a bowl.
- Place green cardamom, black pepper, rose petals and cinnamon in a grinder jar. Grind until fine powder.
- Add the saffron and sugar to the milk and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add a smooth paste of nuts and seeds and mix well.
- Add the dried rose petal spice powder and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour everything into a jar or container and when the milk is at room temperature and not hot, add the chia seeds.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled with kulhad and garnish with finely chopped pistachios and rose petals.
Homemade rose tongue dai nourishing effect
Each ingredient added to this recipe has its own significance, and all together, this is one of the healthiest drinks.
- Milk is the best source of calcium and good quality protein. In addition to these, it also contains zinc and phosphorus. Cold milk also works as an antacid.
- Almonds, melon seeds, cashews, and pistachios are rich in healthy fats, magnesium, and serve as high-quality sources of protein.
- The spices used are packed with nutrients such as zinc, magnesium, calcium and iron. They have antioxidants that help keep you away from disease.
- Poppy seeds are an excellent source of iron, phosphorus and fiber, along with B vitamins and linoleic acid.
- Saffron provides antioxidants. It is a powerful antidepressant, antiseptic, and good for digestion.
- Rose petals are rich in vitamins C, D, E and K, and malic acid and pectin help boost immunity. to give an effect.
If you want to make this recipe healthier, you can add fennel seeds instead of rose petals.Give this nutrient-rich recipe a try and let us know what you think in the comments below! hair and skincare tips, How to prepare your own color Post celebratory detox tips or sign up for personalized health coaching and talk to a coach here.
I wish you a happy Holi!
https://goqii.com/blog/homemade-rose-thandai-recipe/ Level up your Holi with this delicious homemade Rose Thandai recipe