If you have grandparents, you may be familiar with examples of them forgetting to take their medicine or forgetting their names. Ever wondered why they have such a weak memory? How can they improve their memory?
What is memory? why should i boost?
Memory is the ability of the brain to remember things. You can remember things for a short or long period of time, depending on the importance of the information. Your brain decides what needs to be stored as memory depending on the intensity of the problem.
In the grandparent example above, memory declines due to reduced blood flow to the brain. Hormones and proteins that protect brain cells decrease with age, leading to cognitive decline and memory loss, leading to forgetfulness.
People who are working long hours and hard on their presentations often forget important points. This can occur due to anxiety and stress affecting the nervous system. The nervous system plays an important role in memory. As you may have noticed, it’s easy to forget things like snacks and water bottles when you’re in a hurry.
The best way to overcome this memory loss is to improve blood flow to the brain. Make some lifestyle changes to focus on certain foods and improve your memory.
Lifestyle changes to consider
Lifestyle plays an important role when it comes to gaining and losing weight, managing disease, and maintaining physical functions such as intelligence.
- Healthy Weight: Being overweight impairs physical function. This includes your brain. It can also cause neurodegenerative diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, and reduce brain size. help.
- Physical activity: Any form of physical activity improves blood flow to all organs, including the brain. It also improves the amount of oxygen delivered to the brain. You should walk, jog, swim or do any type of sport every day for at least 30-40 minutes. It also includes yoga and meditation to improve oxygen levels and heal the brain.
- Adequate sleep: Sleep is an often overlooked phenomenon, despite its huge impact on health. Many psychological changes occur when a person is asleep. Lack of sleep can affect memory formation. Six to seven hours of restful sleep boosts memory, and a strong 30-40 minute nap can also help boost memory.
- Stress and Depression: These conditions can damage brain cells and cause memory loss. Laughter reduces stress. Laughter engages multiple areas of the brain, reduces stress, and improves memory!
Foods that improve memory
Feeding yourself is the best way to improve your IQ level and memory. To keep your brain healthy, avoid sugary drinks, refined carbs, and unhealthy fats. Choose a nutritious and balanced diet.
- turmeric: Curcumin is the active compound found in turmeric. It has some health benefits. It protects the brain, reduces inflammation in the brain, and improves memory by removing plaque. Two grams of freshly ground turmeric is recommended.
- blueberry: Due to its unique antioxidant properties, blueberries help boost memory. This is done by reducing oxidative stress in nerve tissue, which improves brain function. Add it to your breakfast cereal or eat it as a snack. You can also add it to milkshakes, smoothies, and salads!
- Dark chocolate: Contains compound flavonoids that improve blood flow to the brain and help with learning and improving intelligence.
- fish: Fish such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel are all great sources of omega-3 fatty acids that help improve blood flow to the brain. they make you smarter.
- Nuts and Seeds: Nuts, especially miniature brain-shaped walnuts and seeds such as pumpkin seeds, are full of healthy fats that improve brain function. Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc, magnesium and iron. A lack of these can cause the brain to stop functioning.
We hope this article helped you improve your brain function and become smarter! Let us know what you think in the comments below.
If you found this article useful and want to read more, click hereFor more tips on improving brain function through exercise, nutrition, sleep and stress management, sign up for GOQii personalized health coaching and talk to an expert. here.
https://goqii.com/blog/foods-to-boost-memory-power/ Foods that improve memory