The heat made it difficult to leave the house. Going out means sweating profusely and dehydration from running out of drinking water at continuous intervals. Want to take extra precautions to keep yourself cool and healthy? Try these healthy and refreshing summer coolers to stay cool and beat the heat!
1. Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade
- Strawberries – 2 cups fresh small size
- Pineapple – 3 cups sliced
- Lemon – 1 or 1/2 cup
- ice – optional
- Honey – 1/2 cup
- Water – 3 ½ cups
- Put strawberries, pineapple and water in a blender and make a puree.
- Strain the puree to remove the seeds
- add lemon juice and honey
- Enjoy your drink with ice
advantage: This healthy and refreshing summer cooler is packed with antioxidant properties. Supports the immune system, fights disease and improves skin tone. Its anti-inflammatory properties help combat arthritis, gout, low blood pressure, and stroke. The addition of lemon boosts its nutritional value by giving it a dose of vitamins that are important for the normal functioning of the body.
2. Mango, raspberry and basil seed popsicles
- Mango – 3 cups
- Chia seeds – 2 cups
- Raspberries – 2 cups
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Mix the mangoes with a mixer until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl and add chia seeds
- Mix well and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Blend raspberries, brown sugar and cinnamon powder in a blender until smooth.
- rest for 5 minutes
- Pour 1 tablespoon of mango and chia seed mixture into popsicle molds. Then 1 tablespoon of raspberry mix.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours
advantage: This popsicle is one of the best nutrient-rich summer coolers! Mango and raspberry are packed with nutrients that support heart, digestion, eye, hair and skin health. Adding basil seeds will lower your body temperature and boost your metabolism. It can relieve constipation and improve the respiratory system.
3. Ginger Cucumber Summer Cooler
- Ginger – ½ ginger
- Cucumber – 1/2 cucumber
- Lemon – a few drops
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Peel and grate cucumber and ginger
- Add water and mix well
- Strain and add honey and lemon
- Garnish your glass with a slice of cucumber and enjoy your drink
advantage: Ginger improves digestive health and blood circulation. Along with lemon, ginger acts as an antibiotic. The combination of cucumber, ginger and lemon works to quench your thirst in the summer and can also help you lose weight by reducing water retention.
4. Lemon barley water
- Barley – 3 cups
- Lemon Peel – 2 lemons
- Honey – 1/2 cup
- Water – 3 cups
- Place barley in a bowl and wash well
- Place in a pot and add lemon zest and water
- Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Strain, add honey and mix well
- Allow the water to cool, then transfer to bottles and refrigerate until cold
- Serve and enjoy your drink.
advantage: One of the oldest drinks used by the ancient Egyptians to cool the body in the summer. This summer cooler will help you maintain your body temperature. It also works as a natural remedy to reduce kidney stones and get rid of urinary tract infections. Its fiber content aids weight loss, improves metabolism, and keeps your digestive system healthy.
5. Gur Sherbet (Jaggery and chia seed drink)
- Gur (jaggery) – several
- Water – 1 liter or 1 cup
- Lemon – 1-2 slices
- Salt – optional (½ teaspoon)
- ice – optional
- Chia seeds – 1 or 2 teaspoons
- Soak chia seeds and jaggery in water for about 30 minutes or overnight
- Add a few lemon wedges and serve chilled
- Take this drink to the office or if you are going out to stay hydrated
advantage: One of the traditional summer coolers to replenish yourself. Jaggery is known to be rich in iron. It also boosts immunity and relieves constipation. Adding chia seeds to it enhances the nutritional content of this drink by being a good source of fats that protect the heart and improve brain function.
Try these healthy and refreshing summer coolers and let us know your experience.Do you have your own recipe? Share them in the comments below!
https://goqii.com/blog/healthy-refreshing-summer-coolers/ A healthy and refreshing summer cooler!